Pages

Search blog and web

Loss of friends after divorce

I'm not sure if anyone else is going/gone through this but I can't seem to let it go and it hurts deeply. My ex and I separated in May after several bad years of marriage. It was mutual and we both agreed to date others. While he was out trying to sleep with anything, I was on a dating site where I met my current boyfriend. Yes i was dating him before my divorce was final while my ex was also dating women as well. I had some really great friends who were there for me during some pretty rough times. Cherished their friendship. However since I started dating someone from another town and wasn't divorced, my friends turned on me. One friend told me that she took her wedding vows seriously and that it wasn't christian to be with someone while your still married. Another friend met my current boyfriend and her comment was "he's nice, but he's just not what I would expect you to date". Now while my ex-husband is bashing these friends (they were mutual f riends of ours) to me, he is hanging out with them and having a wonderful time. My ex is now dating a girl he went to high school with who knows these friends since we all went to school together (small town). So seeing the facebook pictures and comments just breaks my heart. he was dating her before the divorce was final as well. I just don't understand why my friends turned on me and hang out with my ex who bashes them left and right and always did. The sad thing is... my ex and I get along great, we talk about our bf/gf and discuss issues with our daughter with no conflict. Has anyone else gone through this and how do you get over it?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment