Pages

Search blog and web

I'm having trouble with my friends...

I always feel a bit like I'm a burden on my friend group or the odd one out. Our group is almost two mini groups who'll each go out or do stuff and I'll be left out for whatever reason "There aren't enough seats in my car..." "I'm busy.." "Why don't you ask soandso?"
I try to set things up out of school with them but always seem to get shot down, nobody wants to go out, come round mine etc.
I'd shrug it off but it always seems to be me, if one of them comes up with something they're all instantly free and I'm not invited. Maybe it's just my perspective but it's getting me really down about it and I don't need this, exams are stressing me out enough without this too.
Today's just made it worse, I got home and received a message from one saying I was acting weird with her today. I didn't really get what she meant so told her I was tried and stressed out and apologized if I upset her or anything. Then she tells me I'm constantly putting her down and its not nice to do that and how I apparently don't even realize I'm doing it to them. I told her I'm socially dense and that if people don't yell in my face and make a big deal, I won't see it. Just got back her message, I'm apparently smart enough to notice if I've pissed off or offended people...

The thing is, I honestly didn't think I'm behaving differently or putting anyone down. I definitely haven't tried to hurt them but I'm feeling kind of paranoid now that I go around pushing people away or offending them and don't realize. Like, maybe it's my fault and they're all normal...
I don't know, any advice?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment