Pages

Search blog and web

Her culture is stopping us been together/dating properly... advice?

Basically back story is we're both young (17). We got talking to each other using the internet, IM'd each other for about a month etc talked to each other everyday and basically realised we finish each others sentences/are perfect for each other, basically like a soulmate. Now I'm not rushing in saying that I want to marry her or anything because we've never really had the chance to properly date. We've been on two dates (lasting 1-2hours long as she did it behind her parents back) together and we just got on so well together cuddled/kissed etc you get the point. If you want a direct comparison you could think of this is as a modern Romeo and Juliet love story, except for the fact that me (the guy) has liberal parents who are accepting of her, whilst her parents are really really conservative.

She has these fears
*Getting hit
*Getting locked up
*Getting sent to India
*Disappointing her parents
*Ruining reputation of parents

Herein lies the problem, I'm white and she's Indian. In her culture she is expected to marry an indian guy full stop. Let me demonstrate how serious her parents are:
she was talking a guy (her best friend) on facebook at night, when she should have been in bed, they found out and they threatened to lock her up and beat her etc. She says she's never really felt loved by them but doesn't really have a choice but to obey them.

I thought I could solve the problem by getting someone in her close family (who is engaged to a white guy) to support and care for her, her cousin. Her cousin said she should focus on her studies (rightfully so), but also said if things at her home get tough she is welcome to stay with her at her place.

All I want now is to be able to date her freely and see if us two are made for each other or not, but there are several problems (Parental approval, Age, Exams, Financial stability and Distance) since our houses are like 1-2hours apart and she rarely if ever gets the opportunity to meet me. I want this to get sorted before uni since I'm moving away from London and she's staying in London

TL;DR; parents won't be accepting of me, I want to date her, help?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment