Pages

Search blog and web

In love with a friend who's already taken

So there's this girl who I would always see around college, you could say it was lust at first sight and then this year, she transferred into my class and I was pretty excited because I would always try to start a conversation or go up to her but I would always chicken out. I found her intimidating, I have no idea why because once she was transferred this year into my classes, I got to know her and I've fallen in love. She invited me and a group of good friends to a Halloween party that her parents were hosting. She introduced me to her boyfriend, this was the first time I'd ever heard of him, let alone met him. She's a pretty private person and keeps herself to herself, I think that's why I find her so attractive because she's so mysterious (not in a psycho way or anything, it's quite sexy). After that party, I did my best to stay away from her. I didn't want my feelings to grow so I when I would walk into class, I wouldn't even look at her. She didn't s ay anything at first and after a couple of days she came up to me and directly asked me what my problem was. Ignoring her didn't last very long, I would say a week and a half until I gave in because I was taking my anger and 'rejection' out on her. We aren't of the same ethnicity, I'm Caucasian and she's a Pakistani dating an Iranian. The thing which really bothers me is the fact that if there was a chance between us, we wouldn't have any family problems coming from her side as her parents are well aware of the guy she is dating at the moment. Her parents also know about me, since that party I have been invited several times to dinner parties or study 'dates' where it's just me and her studying together in her kitchen or her bedroom. Her boyfriend on the other hand has suspicions about me, he caught me staring at her a number of times now. He hasn't said anything yet to me but there's such an awkward atmosphere between us and it's obvious he knows that I have feelings for hi s girlfriend. I just don't know what to do, they're pretty serious about each other and then there's me... And another thing is, the girl is becoming more and more distant towards me, I don't know why. We speak now and again, it's not like before. I think she's sussed it all out as well.

I can't completely stop talking to her, I feel hopeless and I still want to remain friends but I love her and it's hard for me to see her with her boyfriend of three years who she met before even acknowledging my existence. At times I've felt like blurting my feelings out and I have to quickly bite my tongue, I don't want to ruin a good relationship and I can see that he treats her right but at the same time, do you think I should just tell her? Cos this whole situation is killing me.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment