Pages

Search blog and web

Shared Custody and Chores

My ex and I split custody of my 14-year-old pretty much in half. Thursday through Monday she is with me and spends the rest of the week with him. She also goes with him every other Saturday.

Right now she has the same very simple chores that she's had since she was 6 or 7. She wipes down the glass tables and mirrors, cleans her room and dumps the kitty litter. At 14 I feel like she should be doing more, but at the same time since she has less time at home and some of that time now is taken up either through social or school activities and I want to be able to do things together as a family, I also don't want her using up a ton of the limited time she has with us cleaning bathrooms.

My question is, how do you manage sharing custody and helping around the house? If you have blended families, is it an issue and how do you make sure your kids that don't live with you full time are doing their share?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment