Pages

Search blog and web

Eton boy wants to go out with me (a council estate girl)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me advice. My name is Dani and I'm a second year at university. I was completely shocked that I got into uni to study economics (especially as it's a Russell Group) as I come from a run down, old chavvy council estate in East London - only 40 people my secondary school have gotten into uni in the last 5 year! my mum is a cleaner and my Dad is on disability benefits. All my life my family has struggled to make ends meet - and I am the first person in my family to get into university!!

Anyway I was at a party with my flat mates and I met this boy - at first I noticed he waas very posh - he spoke like he had a plum in his mouth - and he was wearing Jack Wills:rolleyes: so I just assumed he was the typical "rah" student that isn't a rare sight at the uni I go to. I was surprised as they usually ignore girls like me with my scruffy old Converse and messy hair(although at the time I looked reasonably presentable!). He offered to buy me a drink and I said yes- and we got chatting. He was really funny and nice and easy to talk to. He told me that he went to Eton!! and failed to get into Oxbridge when he did his A Levels. When he asked me about my education I tried to brush it off and quickly mumbled something, and changed the subject. I also learnt he wants to travel Australia after uni.
He asked for my number and if he could see me again and I said yes. So a week later we went for dinner - the night was good, we talked about things from movies to music and food, but I noticed he was a bit aloof with the waiters and didn't say please or thank you, and afterwards he insisted the he paid. It's been abot 2 weeks since then and I haven't seen him, we've only been texting and he's been busy with uni work (he always texts first) We have kissed once but nothing more.

I still haven't told him about my background - I am beginning to really like him now and I'm worried that he'l go off me if he finds out about it, and I'm going to be sad and disappointed - especially bad for me as I am over emotional and always dwell on things. My friends think it's great but they don't know that he doesn't know about my background ! They are surprised like me that this "rah" boy wants to go out with me. Should I come clean to him or keep it a secret for a while longer?

P.S I am truly sorry for the appalling spelling and grammar - my fingers are freezing (no heating!)!!!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment