Pages

Search blog and web

Did i screw this up?! Is she into me??

Hello!

I'm not fond of doing online dating (not sure anyone really is), but I met this girl off pof last week. I'm 24 and she's 22. I think I may have come on too strong and she may have lost interest. Here's the story:
We started talking on Sat, 11/9, got her number the next night I asked her if she wanted to go out for coffee or a drink on Tuesday night to watch the Rangers/Devils game. She's a Devils fan and I'm a Rangers fan, which sparked the conversation and how we hit it off. She said she couldn't because she was working. She works 5-6 days/nights (mostly nights) serving at a restaurant with very weird hours, as I work in construction M-Sat 7-3:30. There was no counteroffer so I said no problem, maybe we could do coffee or a drink later in the week. She said, "Yeah coffee would be nice too :)." So I had to ask what day was good for her and she said Thursday. We texted back and forth a good amount from when I got her number up until the time we went out on Thurs. Each day that we have talked she brought up at some point she was getting sick (just keep that in mind). We ended up going out for coffee and dinner on Thurs, 11/14. The date went great, we had so much in common, no awkward si lences and I ended up kissing her twice at the end of the date. To say it loosely, she was really into me. I think she does have a little bit of low-self esteem because she kept asking me if I had a good time. We texted that night, joked, flirted and everything. She said she had a great time too. She said we wanted to hang out again and it wouldn't matter what we did. She told me to text her the next day when I could if I wanted to and I did. I really hate talking over text because you can't get a good read of the person. So now here is the part over text that I became confused by. Lemme know if I came on too strong or not. This is part of the conversation Friday, 11/15 when I asked her when she was free again:

Me: So how does your work schedule look like when you're free again?
Her: I won't get next week's schedule until tomorrow so I'm not sure.
Me: Ok yeah let me know and we can plan another hang out. I don't even care what we do haha.
Her: Okay sounds good!
Me: Cool! I'm looking forward to it. Last night was a lot of fun and you impressed me haha.
Her: Me too!! How did I impress you??
Me: Haha where should I start? You know how to hold a conversation. You're extremely funny. Very similar sense of humor to mine. You like hunting and country music. I've never met a girl that is interested in those things, and I think I would enjoy those experiences.
Her: Aw thank you that's really sweet :)

I know I'm an idiot. The only reason why I said that was because she kept questioning herself the night before and I wanted to make sure she knew I was interested. Did I scare her off my saying that she impressed me?

Anyway, next morning on Saturday she deleted her profile off of pof. No not hidden or blocked, deleted. I've left mine up and haven't asked her about why she deleted hers. During our date she did say that I was a gentleman and all the guys on that site send her very crude messages. So I'm wondering did she delete her profile because of all he crude messages and she wants to focus on possibly something developing with me? Or did I scare her off of online dating? She also did not let me know on Saturday about her schedule, when she said ok sounds good! Maybe she wants me to pursue her since I'm the guy??

Since then, I've reached out to her to see how she was feeling and each time she says not good. But we still are flirting all the time. Then Monday I asked her how she was and how her day was going and she said she was feeling very sick and at work. Then I asked her this:

Me: I'm doing good, at work too. That's rough you still aren't feeling well. I was wondering though if you're up to it, if you wanted to have a crafts/movies night this week? We can also grab dinner too. (during our date she said she loved making crafts and movies and wanted to do that with me)
Her: Yea it sucks I feel like I'm in a fog :/ I'll have to see my schedule is pretty crazy this week.
Me: Ok sure thing
Me: My bad I came on too strong
Her: Not at all I just feel really crappy and have a full work schedule this week.
Me: Oh ok, understandable. I guess disregard that text haha. Did I mention I'm an idiot sometimes haha.
Her: Haha it's ok

Once again like the first time I asked her out for the Rangers/Devils game, no counteroffer. Maybe she is the type of girl to not counteroffer and wants the guy to plan everything. We talked a little bit more Monday night, but didn't talk since then. I've been in two long-term relationships in the past five years and am not good at being single. I'm good at being a boyfriend. I'm wondering if I screwed this up and she is just blowing me off or is she really still not feeling well and has a crazy work schedule?

Thanks guys!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment