Pages

Search blog and web

Son's duties

So I had to go pick up my sister from my dad's house tonight. Don't know why, but something must've happened.

When I got there, Dad wanted to talk.
And we went into his study, and he poured some whiskey, and that was the first time we shared a drink. We talked for like 2 or 3 hours. Don't know how my sister didn't die from boredom. And I drank too much.

Towards the end of our conversation, and me straddling the line between tipsy and drunk, Dad said the marriage to his girlfriend set. Fiancé. Sometime in October. Or November.
And said he wants me as his best man.
Why the hell does he still want this?

I just asked for time to think about it, and came home.

What the hell is he thinking? We have barely exchanged words for the past couple months.
The new wife has a son. He could do it.
But it is nice being told I can do something that he can't. That I am what he wants instead of his perfect soon-to-be step son.

I haven't told anyone about it yet. My mom still treats me like the unwanted step child. Or it feels like it. I could probably not tell her and she would never know.
My sister might know something is up because she asked about it on the drive home, but I didn't say anything. And she was always daddy's little girl.

But what is the ring thing to do here?
My mother has refused to reach out for so long. At least he tried.
But he is the reason it happened. What is right in this situation?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment