Pages

Search blog and web

Married Again

Three years removed from my ex leaving I let myself fall in love again and can thankfully say I am happily married again. Maybe that seems too fast and I certainly wasn't planning on it after swallowing the bitter pill of divorce, but life is great and I am moving forward. Marriage takes a lot of work, especially the second time, but we are both committed and have learned from the past. I don't think the sting of divorce ever quite goes away but it seems to lesson every day.

Those were some dark days, only truly appreciated by those who have gone through it. Hope seemed so distant. I experienced sleepless nights, uncontrollable crying, feelings of failure, not wanting to get up in the morning, embarrassed to be in the "divorce" category, and lost 20lbs, just to name a few. 20 years of marriage and 5 kids, my stay at home wife went to work(which I fully supported) and found a whole new world of love and gratitude. At the same time started seeing a counselor who told her everything she wanted to hear. I have spoken about this in another thread a few years ago when I was trying to make sense of things entitled "Boundaries in Counseling". You all thought I was crazy that I didn't fully understand what was happening.....and you were right. Recently found out that he is now divorced from his wife and now my Ex (43) and him (60) are dating. Sick bastard! They deserve each other.

Elated to be with someone that loves and adores me again. I don't even know the person anymore that I loved for 20 years. She is gone now. I have stopped trying to make sense of it all and just move forward. For all those going through those dark days... I say "hang on"! Life is messy sometimes and unfair....but keep the faith and life will get better as you take care of yourself and begin to heal.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment