Pages

Search blog and web

Our son's wedding

In 7 days, one of the twins (our oldest) will be getting married. It's a huge destination wedding with all the bells and whistles, wedding planners, endless bridesmaids, expensive hotels, the whole bit. My husband is in the middle east and will be missing the event.

I was told to find a song that I want to dance to with my son. I am a bundle of emotions right now. I want so much for his happiness and I'm not terribly confident that all will end well for him and his new bride. Very conflicting for me to participate in his most precious moment of becoming one while unbeknownst to him, my own "oneness" is becoming two.

I don't think I've ever felt so alone. I'll smile, put on a brave face, love and accept his new bride, and then I'll head off to my hotel room and let my heart break.

I don't know if it's appropriate to write such sad things in a forum like this. I'm not really asking a question. I just needed to tell someone.

Thanks for listening.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment