Pages

Search blog and web

How to remain civil with EX at wedding

My "ex" brother in law is getting married in a few weeks. Plus, I'll be one of the groomsmen in the wedding.

And his sister (my EX) is coming.

Both he and his sister have had a terrible relationship ever since her affairs became public. They don't talk anymore and when they do it becomes argumentative/ugly.
This whole time, he and I have remained close. He's the Uncle of my kids, lives close by and is a great role model.
I'm in his wedding as well as my kids. His sister is coming to the wedding (reluctantly I believe because she doesn't want to face all the friends and family (including my sisters and mom)that will be there). It's one of the reasons I believe she ran away to another state.
It's gonna be awkward as hell because many of the friends and family havent seen her since she left 2 years ago. Her brother was even debating having her at his wedding. But in the end, he extended an invitation and she's coming.

So how do I handle this without it seeming so awkward? I'm assuming she'll sit at the same table with me and our kids. And she's going to probably turn on the charm like she usually does when she wants something. After getting lied to so much, I'm just repulsed by her at this point. But I can be the mature type if I need to.
So any suggestions on how to best handle this?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment