Pages

Search blog and web

Flatmates

Right, so I am an international student and all my flatmates are British. I don't have any problems with that though cause they are all friendly people. Its just that I have barely been here 2 weeks and its taking me time to adjust to the culture differences and stuff. The first night I moved into the flat there was a party going on and tbh it freaked me out, I just think that they might have been a bit more considerate. Also, all of them have really bonded well with each other, going out together regularly and stuff. I did go out once but considering that I am not much into drinking and clubbing I didn't really have much fun. Considering that it takes me time to open up to new people is not helping my case either. A flatmate of mine had her recently and they all planned a night out but didn't invite me, so that hurt a bit. I had to include myself in their plans. Also, some of their habits do annoy me like when they come back at 2 am and start making lou d noises or playing really loud music. I am cordial with them, small talk when I see them like asking them how their day was. But when they are all in the kitchen together and/or have friends over it makes it really awkward for me to go in the kitchen. Most of their conversation revolves around topics that I have no clue about so can't really participate much.

My question is, should I make more of an effort with them or try to find similar minded people? Also, should I get my flatmate a present even though I really don't know her?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment