Pages

Search blog and web

Xs who diagnose men with mental health issues

After reading several threads on TAM about divorces, I've seen a lot of references to XHs being narcissist or have BPD (borderline personality disorder).

My stbxw told me I was insecure, had abandonment issues from childhood and had BPD. Mind you, this was when she was on the way out the door, as a walk away wife. Not years ago when perhaps any of this would have been helpful to get us into counseling, or even just as an expression of caring enough about me to make sure I was ok.

I was concerned when she went on antidepressants (Lexapro) and asked what I could do to help her stay off meds. I also recommended if she was having anxiety attacks, she cut back on some of the stuff she does in her life for kids, family, friends, etc. so she wouldn't be so stressed. She went on them anyway for a year and quit them after she completed nursing school.

So, I didn't diagnose her as depressed, but when she decided to go on meds, I asked about what was going on, how I could help, etc. She didn't do the same for me, but did diagnose me on the way out the door, for what was "wrong" with me.

Is this a common practice for women to diagnose their exes on the way out? I see some of this on other threads and maybe those men did have diagnosed mental health issues. My IC and I talked about this and he chuckled and said no, you don't have those issues.

Anyway, what have you seen, what did you experience, what's this all about?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment