Pages

Search blog and web

Just venting

I know I have been a little on edge lately. I try to reserve myself, and never get angry over stuff. Especially the little things. I have already done threads on the big problems in my relationship and I am trying to stay motivated working on them. This post is just because I am pissed and I want to take it out in a thread and not cause a fight.

WTF I am so tired. This morning I woke up early like always to take the dog out. Hopped in the shower and about half way through I started hearing gurgling noises from the toilet. I know the guts of the duplex and I can pretty much guarantee with in 3 feet where the clog is. I do absolutely everything I can on the duplex, and super rarely hire out. However I know my limits of time and tools. So I woke my wife up and told her what was up and that she needed to call a plumber in a few hours, and gave her a short list of the companies I trust. I also asked her to talk to the tenant and tell him what is up since I know it would also be causing issues there.

I am at work now and she just called me back. She said she called a plumber and got it set up in a few hours. She then said she talked to the tenant and he said it was backing up, and added that his toilet has been running a little lately. I told her thank you for calling the plumber and telling the tenant, but I am sure I know what is wrong with the toilet and I will fix it when I get home. That's when she got snippy and said she would just have the plumber look at it since he was coming out.

Maybe I am just moody I don't know, but it royally pissed me off. I told her I have dealt with this literally dozens of times. It is probably just a cheap plastic flapper that gets warped and grimy from deposits in the water. I can swap it out in less than a hour its no big deal. She went on to say it has to be done today, and that she would rather just have the plumber do it. I got upset and told her I am not paying a plumber $70 an hour to replace a $2 part in an $80 toilet. I would rather rip the entire toilet out and put another one in (not as extreme as it sounds, I removed our toilet 7 times in less then a week when she decided she wanted stripes in the bathroom, and the white was just never the right stripiness) than pay a plumber a couple hundred bucks to dink around and replace the guts inside of it, when I am more than capable of fixing the single issue it probably has. There are so many other things I would rather put that money towards. Not to mention her biggest and constant complaint is money. I don't make enough, I don't save enough, and I spend too much (although this one is not as common since I cut out junk food)

She always acts like I don't do anything. As if I am some lazy POS who sits around and does jack all day. Which is pretty hypocritical considering her ass is glued to the couch and her eyes to her Iphone. Yesterday I did double laundry to just finish it off. I did dishes even though we have been eating separately and I have not been making any. I swept the living room, bedroom and kitchen. Took out all the trash and recycling, and pulled the containers to the curb for pickup. Took the dog on 3 walks. I mowed the side yard and picked up all the dogs toys (way way too many) and cleaned her pool out. I fixed a broken kitchen drawer. I thought about moving on to mapping my soon to be drain trench, but I have been doing good with exercise and diet so I took some time for myself. I put in 45 minutes out in the garage doing my mini circuit twice, then spent 30 minutes or so organizing the shop side of the garage, and then back to do the circuit once more. Given this was my day off, but to be treated like I am not at least trying to get stuff done. I am just so tired and frustrated.

I am somebody who normally just lets things roll off me (TAM has already pretty firmly identified me as having a lot of nice guy issues). I don't know if it is the exercise or the weight loss or stress. I don't know. Emotionally I feel like a powder keg.

and breath. Alright I am going to step down off my box and try to forget about it until I go home. Why couldn't this happen yesterday. She probably would not even know it ever happened, but today she cares. Whatever.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment