Pages

Search blog and web

WS claims to be "Crystal clear" about wanting only me

Hello everyone,

I've been reading threads in this forum for nearly two weeks now and have decided to ask for some feedback about my WH of 26 years.

DDay was mid-May and unfortunately, I discovered that the OW was a single 31-year-old teacher colleague of mine whom I had invited into our home on several occasions. Double betrayal laden a heavy dose of naivety.

WH claims she kissed him on two different occasions (in our home while I was in the restroom no less), he was "intrigued", felt flattered that someone 20 years younger expressed interest and the rest is history. The affair lasted four months and the phone and text records indicated it was both an EA/PA.

I kicked him out of the house and he has been living with his mother. All his relatives know, most of my colleagues know (including administrators to whom I have spoken directly, politely demanding the OW be moved to another building in the district so I don't have to see her), our two 20-something children know...in all, their affair has been outed.

My WH and I have both begun IC and if I feel I can make the jump after working through the betrayal, may begin MC at some time in the future. I offer him no guarantees. He and I talk more now than we ever have and have read "After the Affair" as well as "His Needs, Her Needs". I can see where our marriage was vulnerable, but I do not take responsibility for his ultimate decision to commit adultery. My faith really has been the foundation upon which I can stand and endure this tragedy.

The question I have for anyone who might be able/willing to answer is this. In all of the material I've read about WS, there seems to be a common thread about how they mourn the loss of the AP and all of the high chemistry. However, my WH staunchly and repeatedly states that he has no thoughts of her, does not miss her and thinks only of me. I've even told him that I believe he says this to protect me from further harm, but he insists that he is being 100% honest. Then my logical mind begins to ask, "What kind of person can flip switches like this and do I want to attempt to rebuild a marriage with someone who can flip switches so easily?" I have even told him this is a subject he needs to address in next week's IC session.

I would love to hear anyone's thoughts about this as I can't find any reading to substantiate what he claims to feel, that it has become "crystal clear" in his mind that he wants me and only me. If only this clarity were present six months ago...

Thank you in advance for your candid thoughts.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment