Pages

Search blog and web

Should I give the relationship a chance?

Gosh, I wrote a lot, but it didn't post >< I'll try again.

I've been dating a girl for about 2 years now. I'm Chinese-Canadian, she is Taiwanese. We are both 26. After we dated for about a month, I left for Japan for one year. Although there were temptations, I managed not to fall into them thinking "we'll get to do it when I come back". When I came back, she said "no sex (of any kind) before marriage", so I was a little disillusioned. She comes from a fairly conservative Taiwanese family and she apparently didn't do anything with her ex-boyfriend whom she dated for 4 years. I've been reading a lot of advice websites recently and the two messages I see often are "you should split if you are incompatible" or "you should hold out if you really love her and appreciate her values". Although she is very traditional, there are certain "roles" she doesn't follow. She doesn't care to cook, try new hobbies, eat new foods, etc. On the other hand, she is staying in Canada and not going back to Taiwan for me as she has found a job here. I may be a little liberal, but I think sex shows commitment and compatibility. I understand she has her own views, though. I do want to marry this person, but I'm scared that once we have kids, the marriage will become "boring" and she will lose interest in me. I know marriage is a partnership and half the relationship will depend on my mindset as well. I guess my question is: would this work out long term? Will the marriage become "boring" or would I be able to keep it interesting?

I feel like the sex issue is the only thing we have a major disagreement on. Would other things crop up eventually? Am I just being to impatient (ie. maybe she will change and learn how to swim, ride a bike, try new things, sex?)

Sorry for the rambling, but I will really appreciate any feedback.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment