Pages

Search blog and web

Cold feet about moving in

I've been dating my SO for four and a half months now, and he's the most amazing man I've ever met. I'm terrible about talking, and he coaxes it out of me, he's always friendly to everybody, is sensitive to my needs, wonderfully competitive, and an amazing cook!
By the second month we were spending every day together, and my apartment became just a storage space and landing platform for laundry. We talked about moving in together, and since my lease doesn't end until September, it's been a nice, mellow, slow move. Now I'm getting cold feet though. After living in college dorms, I haven't had a roommate in 3 years, and have refused to move in with a boyfriend until now. I feel like its a serious step, and don't want to take it lightly. He's lived with a girlfriend before, and I don't know of he sees it as serious as I do.
His space is also smaller. It's a nice one-bedroom house with a yard for a great price, but I would have to get rid of a lot of furniture and stuff. Eventually we would look at buying a house, but that's at least 3+ years down the road.
There's also a big stigma in my family against it. They are religious and conservative, but very loving, and they accept and respect my life decisions. It's not that they would they would be upset, but I don't want to let them down.
I don't want to get married, but moving in holds the same level of gravity to me. I'm not sure what to do to dispel my cold feet, either for or against moving in.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment