Pages

Search blog and web

Does he want to commit or not?

So long story short. I started dating this guy for around 4 months, we got on great, spoke every day, met up all the time etc etc. Then he started to go a little cold and distant from me, stopped texting so frequently and stopped making plans with me. I asked him outright what was going on between us, he told me he really liked me but was terrified of going into another relationship after his last bad break up and the fact he suffers from severe depression ,he just wasn't in the right place. I call it a day between us and go our seperate ways. However, he still tries to initiate contact and is 'desperate' to be friends. We end up meeting up under the 'friends' pretense which always lead to us hooking up. It hurt me so bad going in circles with him so I told him to cut contact with me until all these feelings blew over.

A month passes and he pops up on Facebook. He tells me he really misses me and would love to see me as a friend. I agree to go for coffee with him and a catch up. We end up talking late into the night and I end up staying over. In the morning he goes to the shop, buys me breakfast and makes it. He then spends the whole day giving me so much affection such as cuddling, hand touching, playing with my hair, staring at me, kissing me on the head, public signs of affection.. all things he would never do when we started dating. I end up staying a 2nd night in a row as we are enjoying each others company so much. He asks me to go for dinner with him at the weekend and I'm over the moon.

I went on my date with him last night, it didn't go to plan. Ended up starting it off in the pub with his friends, we then broke off with everyone and went to the cinema where I fell asleep haha, then back to his where we sat up talking and other things. The next day I feel a little insecure and gloomy around him. I feel like my insecurities from our past are eating me up, every tiny thing he does like not touching me as much, not texting me when I get home from his etc, I automatically assume he has gone cold again. I don't want to have to bring up the "what are we" conversation AGAIN but I'm not sure what on earth he is doing. I have spent 7 months running in circles and asking him whats going on. He always tells me "I really like you but I'm too scared to commit", is it possible his medication for depression changes his feelings or do you think it's possible he has went from commitment phobe to wanting something more with me in the space of 7 months? Or am I being a total fool?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment