Pages

Search blog and web

Anyone deal with weight over 500lbs?

I've perused this forum for a while, but this is the first time I've had the courage to post anything, so thank you guys for hearing me out.

I've been married to my wife for almost 10 years now, and I'm very proud that we've had so many great memories that we've built together. Despite the fact that I've had a job that often takes me away, we've always cherished each other and been faithful and put each other first. Not a perfect marriage, but I do feel its been fantastic in so many ways.

But now, coming up on the 10-year anniversary next month, there is one thing in reflection I'm not sure how to deal with going forward: my wife's weight.

My wife was only 150lbs when we got married (we were both just 23 back then). I know its not uncommon for women to put on 100 or 200 pounds in the first decade, but I'm aware my wife has put on close to 400 pounds.

I try to be very supportive and I never bring up her weight. It's her body, and her decision. I treat it like its not an issue. I've tried to make her feel comfortable even as her weight has continued to go up, but at this point its becoming harder to figure out ways to make things work at over 500 pounds.

For example: I scope out the public places before we go out to make sure there are seats strong enough and wide enough for her; make sure she doesn't have to walk very far because that's becoming really hard right now; and try to be seated in areas where people won't stare... I know its difficult to be at this weight and I don't want to make it any more uncomfortable than it already is for her. I've also gone ahead and switched out the furniture at home and made it easier for her to get deliveries while I'm away.

To be frank, a lot of this stuff can be a little bit humiliating. The more I do as a husband to absorb that, the less she has to sort through. And I'm proud of that, as difficult as it is.

That being said, I haven't seen any posts here about how to deal with wives continuing to gain weight when they are already at her size. I don't know of ANY resources to help me out with this. I want to be a really great husband for her, but as the mobility things are starting to become issues, I don't really know who to ask, and about what to do next. Are there any men or women here that could speak from experience on this? Please?

Thanks so much. I love her endlessly and don't want this to be any more difficult than it has to be.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment