Pages

Search blog and web

Dating too soon after breakup?

I wasn't sure where on this site to post this, so I posted it here since it kind of has to do with breaking up. Mods, please feel free to move this post to the correct section if I have posted in the wrong one!

I know there's not a clear cut answer, but when is "too soon" after a breakup to start actively looking/dating again. For those of you who are unaware, here is a very condensed version of my situation: I am a 20 year old female, and was dating a younger guy for 1.5 years. It was my first real relationship and his also. We broke up about 4 months ago because it just died out and was worn out from bickering, different life goals, etc. There was no cheating, lying or deceit. It just died out. I spent a month begging him to take me back. Then I alternated between trying to be friends with him, and going NC as a way to help myself (I had some pretty bad depression during this time due to the breakup). Since the breakup was 60% him, and 40% me, he had an easier time dealing with it (at least he didn't show any upset feelings). It seemed like he didnt care one way or the other.

The past 3 weeks, I have been on vacation. It has really cleared my head. I've done a lot of thinking/soul searching/whatever you call it. The thought of my ex is not too appealing right now. I don't want him back anymore. I will never get to a place where I can 100% be friends with him (he is an ex, after all), but I don't get charged with anger, depression, and desperation when I think of him anymore.

I'm wondering, is 4 months too soon to start actively looking for a new partner? I am only 20, and so I realize I am quite young still. However, for some reason I do feel like it is time to start meeting different people in hopes of finding the one. I'm not exactly sure. Could anybody give me some advice, an opinion, or any thoughts you might have?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment