Pages

Search blog and web

should i end things with ith long term boyfriend?

Ok so this I'm in desperate need of advice and I'm going to have to tell you guys abit of back story. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and help me out!

Basically I've been with my boyfriend for about 2.5 years now. I met him when i was 17 and he was a few years older, and he quickly became my first love and the first year and a half that we were together was the best time of my life. But over the past year we have begun to have quite intense arguments very often, and they only seem to be getting worse/more frequent. I feel that this, and the fact that we have both changed as people and in what we want from life and the relationship over the past year, has made me fall out of love with him. I don't really look forward to seeing him anymore, and alot of things about him and his lifestyle really annoy me, because they are the exact opposite to me/my lifestyle. Also I don't see him in a sexually attractive way anymore.

I'm finding that we do get on and i can enjoy spending time with him, but only really when we're with other people aswell? This makes me feel that my love for him has faded into friendship... but our incompatibility as a couple make us argue whenever we're on our own together. See this is where I dont know what to do. I know he loves me so much and wants to be with me forever, but i know that he is getting sick of the arguing like me. Im torn between ending things because I think I don't love him anymore, but then when i do get on with him and have a nice time i start to question everything I've been thinking?

Another factor in this is the fact that i have just finished my second year at uni, and while I've been there i feel like he has restricted the experience for me. I haven't made many friends at all because i always felt i was only here for 3 years, and the only thing that mattered was my studies because i have the bf at home. The plan for when i graduate is for me to move in with him and commute to study postgrad... and while this plan made me happy for a long time, im starting to feel quite discontented with what i have done and what my future holds. I want to put myself out there more, meet new people, and have the chance to move to a different city for my postgrad, which are all things i couldn't/would have a an extremely hard time doing with my partner. Part of the reasons i am considering ending things is because i want to experience more from life, im only 20 after all. Is this selfish of me?

Overall I'm just so torn, because this guy was my first love and i do get on with him, but he just drives me crazy as a boyfriend and i just don't think i love him anymore and i don't think i want to be with him anymore. But i know that as much as i would like us to, i can't see us being friends if i do end things. He wouldnt be able to take it.

Anyone who has any adice, words of wisdom, or experiences with something like this please help me out!
Sorry about the grammar too, im so tired :(




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment