Pages

Search blog and web

Timesharing with Kids - Need Advice!

Hello,

Brief Intro. Separated, money issues all agreed to, but can't agree on Timesharing with the kids. S6, D3. I would like some advice on a decision I just made.

So STBXW teaches at a high school. She leaves around 5:30 AM every morning. BC of this I have allowed her to put the kids to bed at my house. She has them on her days and then she comes over and sometimes gives them baths and hangs out with them here at my home (family home) and then puts them to bed. I get them ready and take them to school everyday. The problem is that she is rude and nasty when she is here. In most cases there will be some type of argument or comment, or dirty look given to me, and I honestly dread every time she comes by. I have said multiple times that if she continues to come over here and act this way, that I won't allow it anymore. That no court is going to force me to allow her to put them to bed at my house. And that I am doing this bc I am trying to have some type of cooperative divorce.

The final straw:

Two days ago I got really sick. Fever, chills, it was the absolute worst. I texted her "Please take the kids to my aunt's house tonight, I am incredibly sick and can't watch them."

Her response was to completely tear me down. "You are totally irresponsible." "You can't call out from being a dad." "You need to be a parent and take care of your children and your responsibilities." She eventually took them to her house and wanted me to say thank you bc she helped me out. Bc apparently that's how you do things to people. You make them feel like complete garbage and than ask for a Thank You.

So we argued back and forth, but I woke up this morning and I said to hell with this. I told her, that I was no longer comfortable with the arrangement we had. That on her nights she can take the kids until nighttime, but when she comes over she says good night and drops them off.

I wanted to see what some people thought. I've honestly don't think I should continue the current arrangement. It has gotten me nothing. It is like whatever things I do for her, mean nothing and in return she has done nothing back. I thought maybe by allowing this setup, she would see that I was trying to have a collaborative divorce. That we could come up with a schedule that is different then anything a court would decide bc we could work together for the children. But whenever I give extra, its not appreciated, its not enough, and then she always wants more.

I have issues setting boundaries and I think this is one line I need to draw. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks!




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment