Pages

Search blog and web

Most common fallacy on TSR?

If you use this sub-forum quite a bit, it can be fairly repetitive, the same general points come up quite often.

For me, the biggest fallacy I see generally is people who appear to think attraction is rational. For example, they say things like "it shouldn't matter what you look like, they should like you for you". Well that's true, if we mean "like" as a friend, but they're talking about romantic partners.

If I say how attracted I am to a girl's eyes, I normally get a far more positive response than if I say I'm attracted to their breasts, as if my attraction to eyes shows I'm a good person. This is nonsense, there's no choice in that preference, it doesn't reflect my character.

A lot of people like to boast that it's intelligence and kindness they really find attractive. If that's true, good. But again, that isn't something to boast about, that doesn't make you a good person. We would all like to be attracted to kind people, I imagine. Your lucky if what you're attracted to matches up to what is good for you.

This relates to one of the most common whinges, the friend zone. Guys whinge that girls aren't attracted to them, even though they are ever so nice. Well that isn't their fault, they aren't choosing to overlook you, you just aren't sexually attractive to them, they can't force themselves to find you attractive.

To summarise, people don't understand the difference between being attractive as a friend and being attractive sexually, they're very different things.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment