Pages

Search blog and web

Stalkerish?

I used to see a girl I worked with and we were with each other for about 9 months. We went on a couple of holidays together and both (said we) loved each other. To cut a long story short, she broke up with me at first suggesting we should 'take a break' and then, at the end of the preassigned break period, decided she not only didn't want to get back with me, but also didn't want to be friends with me.

At first I found this difficult to take, not because we weren't going out anymore (we argued a lot, I once attempted to break up with her) but because I had just assumed she would at least attempt to be friends. I texted her a bit after she had made it clear she didn't want to hear from me (maybe 5 times over the course of a month) but then found out, through another friend at work, that she had changed her number.

I also saw her a couple of times in the street and tried to talk to her, with genuine intention of just catching up, and she ignored me. It was upsetting really, because I always thought the 'done thing' was to attempt to have a friendly relationship with the person you broke up with, unless that break up was for a reason such as cheating, or domestic violence.

It occurred to me recently if someone had just seen her side of it, her reactions were similar to the actions of someone being stalked.

So I'm interested to know if people think I was doing the wrong thing or not?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment