Pages

Search blog and web

leaving boyfriend for a year - should we just break up?

I'm leaving in september to go abroad to teach for 10 months. It's a 12 hour flight away and I don't really intend to come back to england for the duration of my stay.

I will have been with my boyfriend for 5 years at the time of leaving. I love him very much. He can't come because he is studying and he doesn't want to travel anyway. This is something I've always wanted to do but I put it off for the sake of our relationship and regret not doing it earlier.

My bf wants us to give it our best shot and try to stay together but I am not sure if this is unrealisitc? I would love to come back and for everything to be back to normal but I know this will probably not be the case and truth be told things haven't been too great in our relationship these past 6 months although they are improving. I don't know if trying to make this work so long distance is just going to make me miserable. I'll be missing him and worrying about him being unfaithful etc. it might be easier to cut my losses and undertake this adventure as a way of getting over him but on the other hand I can't see myself spending my life with anyone else. I don't want a relationship with anyone else, not now and not ever, he's the only person I want to be with. Breaking up withhim would also make me desperately unhappy but I'mnot sure we can survive being so far apart....




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment