Pages

Search blog and web

Old pictures of ex boyfriends

I am 32 years old, divorced with children. I have none with my current boyfriend of almost 2 years. We do not yet live together, are not engaged to be married. We have recently come into conflict in regards to all of my photo albums. I have been collecting memories since I was about 11 years old. I have pictures of several of my ex boyfriends including the boys I dated when I was 12, the holding hands kind of boyfriends, I have kept every photo I have ever collected in my life. Be it from times with friends and family, to time with boyfriends. Nothing sexual at all. My bf and I were organizing my basement and in my storage boxes were these photos. He immediately asked me to get rid of the ones with my ex boyfriends. I refused. He said that this bothered him greatly and he wanted me to get rid of them. He said that I must still have feelings for them if I still have them. I have no feelings for any of my ex bfs. I simply have been coll ecting pictures since I was young as a collecter collects clocks or coins. I compromised and told him that when we were married I would be more then happy to get rid of the ones with ex bfs in them, but until then I will keep them all in my collection of memories of my life. I don`t look through them ever, they all just sit in storage containers in my basement. Am I being stubborn in keeping all of my pictures. I feel that I have came to a good compromise. Please give me your opinions. If it was only pictures of recent exs that I had I could understand but this is something I have been saving since I was very young. If we were married I would have no issues in getting rid of them as marriage is a big commitment and I would be willing to throw part of my collection out to make my husband happy, but being a boyfriend is a commitment but not a lifetime one, until you walk down the aisle and work to keep things together. Thank you.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629984

No comments:

Post a Comment