Pages

Search blog and web

Feminism in general/relationships?! I'm shocked this morning!

Ladies,

I got up this morning and was a bit shocked that someone stating she was a feminist was being attacked, mocked actually.

Basically the person mocking her felt like because she was a feminist she did not want her husband to "man up", she was "fighting it" (by reading books!)

I'm in my early 30's, I have read some feminist books. My general view on this is that pretty much every woman is a feminist, and it has been turned into a dirty word.
You like to vote, equal pay, your vagina and what you can/cannot do with it? You are a feminist.

This does not mean that because we want equal rights that we don't believe there are not differences between men/women and don't want/love men who "man up"...(or don't allow them too)

I find these ideas very propaganda filled and anti-woman. This is what prevents us from having full equality, and our reproductive rights constantly under fire. I don't even mean abortion (because that is a very private decision), I mean access to simple birth control and testing.

:scratchhead:

What is your definition?




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment