Pages

Search blog and web

Being in love with your best friend.

Sorry this is going to be really long!!

I've known my best friend (boy and I'm a girl) for about 2 years now, and he's had a girlfriend throughout up until about 3 weeks ago.
I realised I had feelings for him about a year ish ago and made the mistake of drunkenly telling him after a few weeks because I didn't want to lie to him anymore. He said that he had a girlfriend so nothing could happen, which I accepted as I didn't want to break them up anyway.
Since then my feelings have only gotten stronger, annoyingly so, because I see him everyday at uni and we obviously have the same friends and go out together etc.

So when he broke up with his girlfriend I thought nothing of it really because I doubted that he had real feelings for me, despite him being incredibly flirty and tactile all the time - I just thought that was the way he was.

But a week ago we went out for the first time since his breakup and got very very drunk, and ended up getting together and staying at his. We didn't sleep together but we very nearly did!

In the morning he said he regretted it and that he doesn't want a relationship, and that he was sorry. I was angry at him because he knew how I felt and I felt that he was leading me on, but since then we've talked and we're now almost back to normal (but it's still quite awkward)

The issue is that I don't know how to get over him. It's made it a lot worse, but I can't stop seeing him as we have lectures together and see each other every day. We're also living together next year and going on holiday twice this year together.

I value his friendship so much and don't want to lose him, but I'm scared that if it carries on I'll get hurt even more than I already have.

Does anyone have any advice about how to cope? I've tried moving on to other people but I'm just not interested in anyone else.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment