Pages

Search blog and web

Divorce in a foreign language

Hi,

Really could use some advice.

After being together for a wonderful 17 years with my wife we took the plunge with our 3 children to move to her home country. (I cannot speak the language of her country despite spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to.)

That was 2 and a half years ago. For the last year and a half or so we've had problems due, in large part I think, to my inability to speak the language and also because we've moved from the suburbs of a big city to a small village.

These problems culminated in me moving back to England for a month to get my act together (I've been told I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown). The day before I was due to return to my family my wife sent me an email saying that she didn't want me back, didn't love me and was having an affair with someone in the village.

Despite this revelation (which, obviously, shook me to the bones) I did go back to attempt to get my wife's heart back.

Roll on 6 months and I'm at the end of my tether. My wife has continued her affair and refuses to give it up. She is constantly on facebook chatting to other people and is forever receiving texts from people too.

She goes out 2 or 3 times a week and recently has started staying out all night. (Including Tuesday and last night.) In fact 2 and a half hours ago she went to take the dog for a walk and still isn't back.

Today I came to the conclusion that despite the hurt that it would cause my 3 wonderful children (who are 12, 10 and 7) I cannot live in a marriage in which I have no respect. It kills me. It reduces me, at times, to a blubbering wreck, it kills my self-esteem and ignites my natural depressive tendencies.

So, I suppose the thing is whether people think I should separate and move back to England or divorce.

I'm not sure what divorce would do me. We live in a lovely cottage and my wife has made it clear that she would not allow me to have the children. I have no intention of taking the roof over my children's heads just for some financial gain.

And just a straight separation would serve little purpose as there is no way I can trust her. Even if she opened everything up to me I wouldn't be able to understand what was written anyway! I couldn't tell what was innocent or not.

I hope that what I have written is clear. My mind is addled due to tiredness and the stress of the situation.

Any help would be most appreciated. Thank you.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment