Pages

Search blog and web

I wasted an opportunity!!!!

I am so frustrated with myself right now! I can't believe what I just did, what a stupid decision. I'm so cowardly it's unbelievable!

Right, last lesson, when I arrived at the classroom my "crush" (let's call him Harry) was there, having just arrived before me. The teacher was off and had left us some work to collect on a desk. I said to Harry:

"Oooh, is he off?"
Harry: "Yes!"

*I pick up the sheet*
*We go back into the corridor*

"Are we allowed to go home now?" I asked him, unsure if we were supposed to stay or ...

And he said "Yeah I suppose. Which I hate!"

"Why?" I said.

"Because I get picked up from school, and I have to wait."

Then he looked at me, and it was kind of a lingering look. And I had an amazing thought rush through me - what if I ask him if we can go to the library and do the work together?! Because I was pretty sure he was going to go there and do it anyway.
But of course, being ME, I just stood there awkwardly, opening and closing my mouth, until I heard myself saying:
"Alright then, see you on Monday," and then I turned and walked off.

WHY AM I SUCH A COWARD!!! I like this boy so much, he's really nice and doesn't treat me like a total weirdo like everyone else. But when I keep wasting opportunities like this .... Argh. I'm almost crying with despair.

I am never, ever going to get anywhere if this is how I act. I'm so afraid of rejection or embarrassment I will go to any lengths to avoid it, even doing things that make me utterly sad.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment