Pages

Search blog and web

Leaving my wife and children

The same story as http://talkaboutmarriage.com/conside...-language.html but told in a different way as I need a different perspective.

I am living abroad and my wife has been having an affair for the last 6 months. She refuses to give him up although she sees no future in the relationship. She is constantly on FB and has struck up an unhealthy friendship with one of the local drunks of the village.

The strain that I have felt has been immense and I've had enough. I have little hope for the marriage but I feel that things would be even worse for us if we continue to live together so I've decided to go back to England.

My wife will not entertain the notion of our 3 children going back with me and so I've been stuck in this quandry for a while. Stay and be in a loveless and increasingly volatile marriage in order to be with the children (and my wife who I still love but, at the same time, hate. Strange that!) or go and not have my children around me.

I did consider the idea of giving it another 6 months to see if the books that I've ordered would mitigate a change in our relationship but I don't think that I could cope for that amount of time.

I have not been entirely blameless in this relationship. I have never cheated on my wife but in our 2nd year here I did lose my way and struggled psychologically (due, in large part, I believe to my inability to speak the language)

I have therefore made the decision to move back to the UK but the the thought of buying the ticket has me questioning myself again. I know that there isn't any right decision but I'm concerned that I'm making a completely wrong one.

I hope that this all makes sense. My mind is so tired and stressed out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment