Pages

Search blog and web

unfit?

My SO's parents are raising their granddaughter (NOT my SO's child,he has no children).I feel like they're unfit and emotionally abusive but I'm not a social worker or a counselor.

Examples:
-constantly calling each other names,cursing at each other,fighting,etc all in front of the child
-both grandma and the child are sick every single week
-grandma is always texting or calling other people to come take care of the child bc "I have a terrible headache." "my back is killing me" "I'm so upset about xyz that I'm just crying and can't take care of granddaughter"
-granddad is constantly screaming at grandma threatening to take the child and run away. calls her a fat dumb b**ch and tells her he's going to shoot her someday.
-the child gets fed candy,cake,french fries,and soda round the clock.I've never seen them give her ANYTHING other than these things in all the time I've spent over there and neither has my SO.
-grandma is constantly making up reasons to take child to the dr even on the days the child isn't sick. "scarlet you need to look at this child.she feels warm!! listen to her breathing!!! she sounds like she has something wrong with her lungs!!! I need to take her to the doctor!!"
-grandpa tells the child "so and so won't come see you bc they don't have time for you." "well they're getting ready to leave now,I guess they've had enough of you."

The list goes on.That's just a few things that I've observed in my time spent with them and things SO has shared with me from when he still lived with them.

I've gotten to the point where I don't even want to visit them anymore because I can't stand watching these things happen.I feel like I can't do anything about it.We recently had a huge blowup because I stopped coming around.I guess that's why I'm posting now.I don't know what to say or what to do.




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 2629979

No comments:

Post a Comment