Pages

Search blog and web

Wife Has Been Gone for 7 Days

She comes home tomorrow night. She's been on a cruise for a week with her mom and her sister. She's been telling me all week that they are having a great time -she calls me several times a day..which is all good..

I just can't believe how much I have missed her. I mean- its almost physically painful! For years I traveled a ton for work -sometimes months at a time. I missed her during that time -but damn -nothing like this. For the last several years I have traveled much less and when I do, she usually comes along and works with me.

I just got off the phone with her - she talked about her day -she took cooking classes- but then cried a bit and said that it was just too much being away from me for that long. She had fun and needed time to be with her mom and try to get her sister kind-of re-integrated into the family- but doesn't want to do that again. She hadn't done anything like that all week. She told me that she didn't want me to worry or think she wasn't enjoying the trip...I kind of feel like an ass though -It was me and her dad that came up with the idea /booked the trip a year in advance and surprised them all with it. Right now it feels like I surprised her and me both with the gift of mutual pain....

Anyone else have this type of change? We've been together for 26 years now- married almost as long. I would have thought with the history and being apart before it wouldn't be as bad for just a week. But, its been damn hard- too hard. I mean physically painful-if she wouldn't have taken the sat phone- I think I would have been crawling the walls by now.

Hell, maybe I'm just being a wuss or too sensitive or I don't know what....but it just sucks.

I wish I had a teleportation device. :(

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment