Pages

Search blog and web

Considering divorcing a man with Asperger's

I am new here and hoping to get some input.
I have been with my husband for about 4 years. I knew he had Asperger's going into this. We met online and only met 4-5 times before we got married. (We had a long-distance relationship.) I wish I had listened to my inner voice before I even agreed to marry him, but he was then, and still is, very intimidating and intense. Anyway, I have given my all to this relationship and am done! I can't be in a marriage where I am not valued but manipulated, used, and feel like I'm walking on egg shells. I can't just leave because we live on my parents' yard and it would not be fair to them to deal with him. I have told him time and again that I'm done. He doesn't say anything, really, when I say this. If we lived in another apartment or house, I would have been gone a long time ago. I can't work as much as I would like because, even though he doesn't drive, he wants me to work when he wants me to. I am doing everything in this marriage - cooking, working, cleaning, driving.... If I don' t spend the money the way he wants me to I'm afraid he'll retaliate and cut me off.

I would like to find a facility for him to live in before the divorce/separation happens, otherwise he would live on the streets. Maybe that's crazy to think about.

He's very lazy. All he does all day is sleep, eat, and play on his phone or computer. When I ask him to help me, depending on his mood, he will act like I'm asking him to do brain surgery. If he wants to do it, he will.

Like I said, I'm done. I need help getting him out because he won't go willingly.

Thanks.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment