Pages

Search blog and web

Cigarettes deal killer for me and she has been sneaking them for years?

My wife smoked before we met. I did not know this.

My grandfather died of lung cancer and other close friends having suffered from health problems related to cigarettes, not to mention the very well known and obvious health risks, I am very anti-smoking.

I told my wife this before we DATED and told her I did not want to be involved with someone that smoked because I hate them, find them very upsetting and disgusting and stupid.

I have caught her sneaking them about a dozen times and threw a fit as she promised not to touch them again. And then she does it again.

At this point, I have given up the idea that she will refrain from them for my sake as she did for the first five years of our marriage. She starting smoking again when the strains of difficult marriage first stared about ten years ago. Every time we hit another rough patch she goes back to them and perhaps has been using them the whole time and gets more careless when we are struggling with something.

For me it's a double whammy because of the lying and the health hazards hurting herself for the long haul.

The excuses and defense and rationalization is truly disgusting. If I didn't love her I would drop her for putting me thru very hurtful emotions worrying about what she is doing to herself

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment