Pages

Search blog and web

Absent Bio mom wants mothers day

I feel like I am so emotional right now and I could use some advice. I met my husband​ and his son when he was 17 mo old. I fell in love with both of then very quickly I started helping by baby sitting the week we meet I would watch him when day care couldn't then I started picking him up from daycare when i got off work and spending time with him until his papa or daddy got off work. With in 3 months of meeting we lived together as a family for over a year and I consider him my son. His biological mother has been absent she has only seen him a handful of times in more than a year. and most of those visits have been under an hour in the DCFS office with a social worker present. She has a pain pill addiction and has been arrested several times for arson, assault, purposely causing a car accident to get prescriptions. She even went as low as taking all of our babies pain meds after he had his tubes replaced and his adenoids removed a year ago. that was the last time she has really seen him every visit after that has been supervised. Despite going through treatment to help her with her pain pill addiction she still tested positive for drugs on her last test in April. We still let her see him since it was only a one hour visit at Mcdonalds. and she hadn't seen him since August for 30 min. He was good with her but he treated her just like he treats everyone else we are around. He made it clear that I was his mom. I know I have only been in his life for 15 months but that is nearly half his life. But hear is where I am torn. She wants to see him on Mothers Day. To this point we have cooperated with all of the visits we have arrived on time and waited for her because she was late. I don't ever want to be the reason a child does not see their mother. But I honestly don't think she has been a mother and I don't think he even remembers her. I am a very good mom to him. and I don't feel like she should swoop in and take a holiday she doesn't deserve. I will honestly tell you that I am not really being fair. My ex husband will have my children on Mothers day. And that does not bother me. he supports his kids and Mothers day just happens to fall on his weekend. I could take them because holidays take priority over weekends. But where he is concerned I don't want to take his weekend for a holiday. He works out of town and doesn't get to see the kids as much as he would like. and I don't want to keep them from him. I would appreciate your honest opinion about my attitude. Why am I ok with sharing my kids with their dad but don't want to share my step son with his mother? Do you think we should grant her this visit? Why or why not?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment