Pages

Search blog and web

Tackle football

Caveat, I never played tackle football as a youth and not that I dislike the sport, it is just that surfing as more my forte growing up.

My youngest transitioned from playing flag football the last two years to tackle football this year. My wife was not crazy about it but I finally assured her that he would be ok and that the risk of serious injury is statically lower than sports like soccer and basketball. In a conversation with several other dads (those who did play in their youth), they commented that the rosters of teams nowadays are smaller and some programs are too small to remain open. My sons team barely fills two whole squads of 11. Just wondering if this is because all the negative press about the NFL and concussions or that there are just more competing sports?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment