Pages

Search blog and web

Person at work does not shut up talking

  • Thread Starter

I've just finished my first week at work in a small company and I have enjoyed it however, one of my colleagues is really starting to get on my nerves. She can never go more than 30 seconds (I timed this) without filling a silence, like when we are waiting for the office to open, or at lunch.

Currently she is going over my work because I am training and so she is checking that I have done my practise work to the specs and she is really being a pain. Instead of just saying 'this needs more spacing' she goes on and on for 5 minutes just being repetitive and frankly, I find it a waste of time. Sometimes it is helpful, but 99% of the time she is just repeating what she has said, or the issue she is unclear about.

Also, I am quite introverted and would like to have lunch in piece without having to concentrate on what someone is saying and to not be rude. (What I do involves a lot of concentrating so I would like some R&R at lunch but am getting none. Hopefully when my car is fixed I can sit in it or go for a walk out of the office.) Don't get me wrong, she is a nice person and it isn't stuff like 'Oh I did this' and 'me me me' but she just goes on and thinks quantity over quality and my patience is going.

Any advice on how to survive??

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment