Pages

Search blog and web

Parent who smokes and/or other unhealthy lifestyle choices....

So my mom is 73 and has been smoking since she was a teenager...no desire to quit. I wish she would but I doubt it will ever happen.

My sister is visiting her in another province for the last couple of weeks and phoned me today to complain about her smoking and how can she smoke like she does and then expect that she is not going to have any health issues. I agree with her and it does scare me...my mom knows the risks but still one day if something was to happen to her health wise due to smoking I know I would be scared and upset.

Luckily to this point she has been healthy but for how much longer who knows. Sometimes I think maybe her living out in a very rural area breathing in clean air maybe counteracts something but how knows.

How do you deal with the worry that a parent, etc. will suffer consequences down the road due to unhealthy life choices?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment