Pages

Search blog and web

My date dislikes blacks and asians

  • Thread Starter

I have recently met someone and I have been on a few dates with them. I get on well with this person and I like spending time in their company.

However, on a few occasions on our dates, they have made some comments about the number of black and Asian people there are in this city (this person is originally from elsewhere). I have felt a little bit embarrassed and uncomfortable when they have said it.

Being that I am from this city, I am used to there being a lot of ethnic people. I am not hugely in favour of immigration; I think there has been too much of it, but I try not to think about it too much as it's something I have no control over.

I would rather just concentrate on my own life, but I'm worried that this person I am dating may continue to comment on how many ethnic people there are and it might effect our relationship.

I don't want to tell them they are wrong, everyone is entitled to their opinion on every subject. I feel that the fact that they have told me their thoughts shows a degree of trust they have in me which I don't want to break. But I just don't want to hear about political and social subjects all the time, especially with someone I am romantically involved with.

Any advice on how I could subtly let them know that I don't like hearing or talking about it?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment