Pages

Search blog and web

Distributive Award and he keeps the house - advice needed

My STBXH wants to stay in the house. Truth is, the only way we could separate is if I leave as he refuses.

So, my thought is that he refinance the house in his name only and pay me a Distributive Award for my half of the equity plus the cost of some personal property that I won't take with me. I plan on leaving the kids bedroom furniture, the sectional, and dining room table. I will need to buy all of that for my new place plus bedroom furniture for me. I want to include the value of that personal property in the Distributive Award.

He doesn't have the $ to pay me a lump sum, so I willing to set up a fixed payment plan with him.

Has anyone done a Distributive Award and would you recommend this method of dividing assets? I'm worried that if he doesn't pay I won't have any recourse but to take him to court.
Posted via Mobile Device

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment