Pages

Search blog and web

People who string their partners along in relationships

  • Thread Starter

What do people on here think of this?

A close female friend of mine (I'm a guy) told me yesterday that she's been cheating on her BF for the past 4 months with a guy she met on a night out. She is currently living with her BF and his parents. I am not friends with him, but I know that he loves her and that his parents like her too, which is why they are allowing her to live there rent free.

She has a job close to her current BF's house. This job is ending in a couple of months and she will need to look for a new one. The salary is good so she's not going to leave until her contract is up, so her and the BF will remain together for a couple of months until she dumps him and gets with the new guy, who knows about her situation and doesn't have a problem with it.

This girl has been a good friend of mine since childhood and has supported me through some difficult times. I have always viewed her as a really nice girl as we have similar values and opinions. I am married and hate the idea of ever cheating on my wife, which is why I am shocked by what she has done.

Pictures of her and her BF are plastered all over her FB, in her profile picture, cover photo etc. You would think that they are in very much in love with each other but I know that is not the case.

I feel horrified that such a close friend of mine who my wife and I both trust and view as a really lovely person is doing such a thing. It makes me wonder if my wife is capable of anything similar, as it shows how easily people can hide their true intentions.

To me, this all just feels very wrong and I feel like I don't even know her. Even though I'm not really friendly with him, I feel really bad for her BF who is being misled and exploited here, in my view. I am also worried for her as BF is going to go ballistic when he finds out.

Ultimately, I know I'm not directly involved so there isn't anything I can do. It has really taken me aback though as I value relationships and family above all else. I have made it clear to her that I don't agree with it.

What are other people's thoughts on this situation and people who do this to their partners in general?

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment