Pages

Search blog and web

Six months and I am still dying?

My husband and I where high school sweetheart. We dated all through collage and got married when his finished all his education. We have been married for 17 years. We have 3 children 6, 7 and 14. Six months ago I discovered a text on my husband's I pad. It was a naked picture of another woman discussing a hickey in her body plus several other texts referring to champagne and a boat trip. I immediately confronted him and he denied having anything to do with her and simply explained it as an inappropriate text but that nothing happened between them.
I was destroyed and could not believe what was happening for four years ago I had discovered a very personal email from a woman attorney he was working with. I confronted him and then and same answer was given, it was just a friendship but nothing happened. At that time not really having any evidence and being madly in love with my husband I decided to work things out and better our relationship and I thought we were better. However, Here I am 4 years later with new evidence.
He begged for forgiveness and agreed to go to counseling. One month into our recovery feeling that there was more to this text than just a text. I started to be a detective. I decided to retrieve all deleted files from his phone. To my surprise I opened Pandoras Box. I discovered more than 100 pictures of women in their underwear and naked in hotel rooms and apartments. Several pictures of different sexual position, of people having sex but not of their faces. But as we all know we know our husband's body much too well.
I simply died that day. Even though my mind was blank I was able to separate all pictures into groups of each individual woman. It took me hours, by the time I was done I knew every single square inch of these women's bodies. And if that wasn't enough I found naked pictures of the woman I originally found the text on his Ipad. She was naked on our boat (that was the boat trip mentioned on the text).
I gathered all these pictures and showed it all to him and he still denied everything. With excuses such as, those pictures where of women his bother had been with. In therapy the counselor suggested that in order to work things out he had to come clean and that night we sat down and he admitted to having affairs with all these woman (5 in total) in the time frame of maybe 6 years, I am not sure when.

He has apologized and cried and begged for forgiveness far too many times, and after many long conversations and hours of therapy. We decided to give each other another chance. Ever since then he has been what a wonderful husband should be. I have tried to cope and give this a chance but I feel so lost. We have had several special moments throughout all this but I can't seem to let go of the past. He is doing all the right things and being incredibly supportive and humble through the process. But I feel so empty inside. I don't know how to get better. I am lost and afraid. Could one really recuperate once's soul? I feel like I am living someone else's life.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment