Pages

Search blog and web

Put to the test

The other night I ended up Facebook messaging back and forth with my ex-girlfriend - my first real, true love. I mean I really loved her (this was back around 96-97). I was on the road with a band and she broke it off because of the distance, whatever. I was gutted. We've been casually reconnecting on FB for a couple years now, and the other day she commented on a photo I posted, saying I looked really good. The other night she messages me her phone number and tells me to text her. I did.

Things got pretty hot, she told me I was her first love too, and that talking to me made her smile and feel all warm and fuzzy and yadda yadda. We start talking about meeting up, then she finally pipes up "Oh man, you know I have a boyfriend, right??". I replied "no, I certainly didn't, and sorry, I won't be that guy". She continued to push and said she still loves me, and "but what if I'm not happy?". I said "then you break up with him". She said "it's not that simple".

So, I ended it there. Cut off communication. She kept texting "I hope I didn't upset you, I will always love you....etc etc". I didn't respond until the next day, and just coolly said "No, I'm not upset, have a great day" and left it at that.

Quite the test. She was ready and willing to hook up. I was very disappointed, but there's no way I would do that. What did upset me, was realizing this is probably exactly what my stbxw said to her AP. "But I'm not happy". And then we know what went down (her :rolleyes: ). Quite the trigger, let me tell you. It also greatly changed my feelings for this woman - attraction went to zero. Not impressed by that at all. Disheartening, really.

Anyway, it was heavy. I'm glad I went the way I did.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment