Pages

Search blog and web

Please help me to understand teenagers today......

I was just visiting my in laws a few weeks ago.

My MIL is a real trooper and has taken on the full time care of of her step grandson -- her other son had married a single mom the first time around.

He's a pleasant guy and he has been dealt something less than others get. (he's about 19 0r 20. so high scholl graduate.)

His mom apparently didn't choose her first baby daddy very well. My BIL got with her. They did marry for a while. I don't know the reason why they split up. But it seemed that BIL and in laws had a reasonable relationship with her until she kicked first son out. I think it's due to his marijuana smoking.

So while husband and I were visiting, his girlfriend was there full time. she seemed to be a nice person. I and husband also overheard MIL mentioning to her sister, what's the deal with this girlfriend.

I guess I think about how in my time (teenager in the 70s), my parents never wanted me to be a nuisance to other people. Even to visit my bf from high school, (he was the exchange student my senior year), his mother had to write my parents to reassure them that I was welcomed to come visit.

Maybe others can contribute their own experiences..... either as a parent or as a child who unofficially took up residence in someone else's home.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment