Pages

Search blog and web

Finding the strength to leave. In tears.

"A person who is profoundly unhappy in a marriage is also depriving his or her partner of the experience of being wholly loved and accepted, rather than endured." - Joyce Maynard

This is the quote that is getting me through this morning. Dealing with everything, knowing my husband is so unhappy, affair or not. Knowing that I am the one "being endured" and deprived of being wholly loved.

This is the quote which might just give me the courage to leave. All along, I have wanted our family to stay together. I have wanted our children to have a stable and loving life, with parents who stay together. I have worked so hard to try to make this happen. But my husband destroyed that dream the minute his thoughts and passion went to another woman. He is the one who destroyed our family, not me. I have struggled with trying to be the one to pick up the pieces of the marriage which I didn't break. I have tried my best during this reconciliation, which has turned out to be false. I have tried to be the wife I needed to be because I LOVE him despite it all, and I love our family so much. I feel shattered and destroyed. I'm tired of wanting to know his whereabouts 24/7. Tired of all the secrecy.

I deserve to be wholly loved, and my kids deserve happy parents.
Posted via Mobile Device

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment