Pages

Search blog and web

She rejected me, she has a boyfriend, but we are still really close..help?

  • Thread Starter

About 3 months ago I confessed to a close friend of mine that I had feelings for her. She said you know I have a boyfriend, I love him very much. Etc. That I shouldn't be selfish.

I said I'm sorry.

She said I think we can't be friends. And that I should delete her from Facebook. After a few times of me apologizing, she said that she is thinking of me, and that she doesn't want to see me sad. But I insisted that I would be ok. She then agreed and said if she did make me feel sad, then I should tell her.

I didn't want to lose her as a close friend because I really liked her as a close friend as well so I tried to be optimistic and thought well 'well I'm not going to let this stop us from being good friends!'

A week later things went back to normal and we talked as if nothing happened that day.

I tried to move on and keep myself busy with other things. I won't lie that I've moved on from her; deep down I still love her.

Just a little bit of background info about her boyfriend. He lives in another country. They have been talking for 4 years. It's a long distance relationship. She told her mum about him in September but her mum didn't like him and she told her to stop talking to him. She did stop talking to the guy, but then started talking again as she realised she really loves him. Obviously her family doesn't know she is still talking to him now.

Also her plan is to tell her family about him again in 2 years (when she finishes university). She believes she can convince them.

She has met the guy only once, which was in September. The first time she met him, she was in her country, at a concert, and he came over and have her a piece of paper with his number on it. And last year, she went to Turkey and met her bf once, they talked and she said that they kissed too (nothing more). They talk via skype mostly.

So, now that you have the background story, should I even be open to the idea we would ever date? It sounds selfish, I know, to still think about that even when she has a boyfriend, but I can't stop. I really don't want to ignore her because, like I said, I really enjoy her company as a friend too. I find it somewhat wrong just to talk to a girl just to date, and then throw away her friendship she offers after you confess to her. I try to accept the fact she rejected me and really doesn't like me that way, but sometimes I feel like maybe things might change.

What do you guys think? Thanks for reading this long post.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment