Pages

Search blog and web

Should I ask him out after sleeping together on first date?

  • Thread Starter

So, two days ago I went out with this guy I met online (we're both aspiring writers, he read some of my stuff online and sent me message on facebook about a week ago, saying he really liked my writings. Before long we were exchanging 1000-word messages about literature, and then he asked me out for a drink).

I had a really good night, the conversations were great and I felt like we really connected, we have the same ideas about so many things. I think he felt the same way, as he mentioned several times that he was really glad we met up.
Anyway, one thing led to another: we went back to his, emptied a bottle of wine, he asked me if I wanted to stay over so I wouldn't have to cycle home drunk, and of course as soon as we were in bed together we started kissing, and ended up having sex (which wasn't a very smart thing for me to do, I know, but it felt right at the time, and I guess what's done is done). He was really sweet about everything: I'm very insecure about sex and find it really hard to let go and relax, which he was very understanding about, and he said it's probably a trust thing and he understood I wasn't ready to let him cross that barrier; we also did the whole 'getting to know each other'-type-pillow talk, and kissed and cuddled quite a lot. I said a few things about the type of guys I usually fall for, and he reacted a bit upset (in a joking way) when he didn't have those characteristics.
All in all, it did seem as if he was interested in at least getting to know me.

The next morning (yesterday), though, was pretty awkward: we stayed in bed for a few more hours, just chatting, but nothing physical happened - he put his arm over me at one point, but that was it. Around noon we got up and I went home. We didn't kiss or anything, basically just said 'See you later.' Yesterday we exchanged like two messages about our hangovers, but that's it.

So now I'm wondering - did he just lose interest in me once I slept with him? He did mention he's slept with a lot of girls, so he might have been playing me. Or maybe we both just felt awkward the morning after and he wasn't sure how to handle the situation either (especially as I might not have seemed very 'into' the sex the night before)? I'd like to see him again, but I don't want to seem desperate. I'm thinking of sending him a short message along the lines of, 'Hey, I had a really good time the other night, really enjoyed talking to you about literature and stuff. I'm definitely up for going for drinks again sometime, if you're up for that too.' Is that a good idea, or should I wait and see if he contacts me again, and if he doesn't, just assume he's not interested anymore?

Another thing - he's pretty embedded in the literary scene, knows a lot of writers etc. and organises literary events. He said he thought I'm talented and he wants to 'introduce' me into these circles, which would be great for me. But I'm scared that everything's changed now that we've slept together, and things will just fizzle out, including this aspect of it. Any way I could possible salvage the situation, even if it would just mean being able to be friends? If I do message him, should I mention something about what he said about introducing me, or would that be too forward?

Thanks for reading, any advice would be appreciated!

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment