Pages

Search blog and web

Is it bad to expect a guy to pay for things?

  • Thread Starter

I am aware that this may well come across as me being a gold digging bitch, I'm not (or at least I think I'm not), I'm just quite traditional in roles of men and women.

Me and my boyfriend have been together over a year now and he never pays for anything, most of my friends will go to the cinema or for a meal or whatever and their boyfriend will pay for everything, where as whenever we go out we generally split the bill, I think I can recall him paying once, for valentines day. Occasionally he will offer to pay and I'll say "no it's okay", thinking that if he wanted to pay he would offer again but he never does. I've been out with guys before that have been very insistent on paying and maybe I'm just used to that but I do feel strange splitting the bill, it makes me feel like I'm nothing special to him. We went out the other night and had some shots and when I offered to pay him for mine he took it straight away, I know I offered but it just really upset me that he thought I'm not even worth spending £1.50 on. Also, whenever he comes to stay with me at uni i end up spending loads of money on nice food for us because he's there.

I wouldn't be bothered but he has loads more money than me, he gets three times as much money as I do from SFE/Uni and he lives at home so he doesn't have to pay for much, his dad even gives him money for lunches, petrol, bus fair etc. where as my parents give me money to live off but I have to spend all that on food, bills, rent, trains to go see him etc. and so don't have much money.

Am I being unreasonable? what are people's thoughts on guys paying for things?

Also, if any other girls have felt like this, please let me know as it would make me feel like much less of a bitch.

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment