Pages

Search blog and web

IS THIS LEGAL? (Urgent)

  • Thread Starter

I was going to write a grievance letter to my employer to challenge a disciplinary meeting, here are the key points:

- I disagree with the warning itself as it was unfair (I work without support and have previously raised this concern with him, but he said he can't afford to hire additional members of staff)
- I thought it was handled unfairly and unprofessionally; the meeting was unexpected and out of the blue, he used unfair remarks such as 'you would be doing yourself a favor if your resigned' and 'you are not cut out for the job'
- he didn't follow the disciplinary procedure set out by ACAS - I wasn't informed that an investigation was in place (he had been supplied with 2 pages of errors that I've made and also my up to date CV which he found online!)
- he did not allow me to be accompanied by my supervisor and didn't notify me of my right to appeal
- I feel compelled to resign but wish to be paid in lieu of notice (notice period is 8 weeks) to allow me to recover from the distress that this has caused and so I can find suitable employment elsewhere

MY PROBLEM:
In the company handbook it states that the grievance procedure cannot be used to complain about dismissal/disciplinary action. IS THIS LEGAL/GOOD PRACTISE?

I have had to rename my letter to 'appeal against disciplinary action' but am worried that he has more leeway to side step the ACAS breaches he's made. I've been in contact with a solicitor and they suggested I take the grievance route first - of course, this was before I realized that it can't be used to complain about disciplinary action... :rolleyes:

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment